You can reach Boracay through multiple routes
1. Go on a ferry via Batangas port to Catlican port which is 5 mins away from Boracay.
2. Go on a plane, land in Kalibo which is 60KM away from Boracay
I took the first option which was cheaper and heard some good reviews about 2Go Ferries. The ferry takes around 12 hours to reach from Batangas but to reach Batangas is almost 3 hours from Manila which you reach in an air conditioned bus for not more than 100 pesos. The route to Batangas is awesome, the highway is empty, there are lots of beautiful scenic locations on the way.
Once you reach Batangas port show the printed ticket at the counter with your photo ID and card which you have paid from. Enter the terminal and sit down, make sure you reach the place before 7:30PM that is when the boarding starts.
The 2Go ferry is huge which carries large trucks as well as good number of people, on the top deck there is live karaoke and drinking options. There are bunk beds which for tall people is not a good thing as you need to keep your bags on it as well, if you are lucky you may find the one below or above empty which you can use for storage.
After reaching Catlican at around 7 AM you see the beautiful blue waters and Boracay island just 5 minutes boat ride. But you will have to pass through a terminal which charges 75 pesos for entry, environmental fees for 100 pesos and boat ride 25 pesos. Get out on Boracay and take a tuk tuk, they know most of the hotels in Boracay, I had decided to stay in MNL Boutique again due to its rave reviews.
Now things one can do in Boracay
1. Jet Rides - Only 1100 pesos if you haggle
2. Banana Ride - If you go with your friends must do
3. Flying Fish - This is a must do
4. Scuba - Not an ideal destination but quite cheap
5. Snorkeling - Take an Island tour and you will do a lot of it. You will find many options but most of them are in range of 1200 pesos but only 4 hours max. I found one with 800 pesos with 6 hours of fun and lunch included.
6. Pub Crawl - For 990 pesos where it is whole lot of fun meeting new people and drinking
7. Partying - This is what Boracay is famous for, one stretch where you will find restaurant ranging from Indian to US cuisine and everything in between. When sun sets party starts and can go on till 3 AM or even early in the morning.
Boracay is divided into 4 stations, where station 2 is where the most happening things happen and station 3 and station 4 where you can just chill out on the beach.
If you are a party person this is the place for you....no dearth of place to dance, eat, drink and make merry. But if you like something quieter then there is El Nido for you.