I did not know that there used to be Guava Curry/Guava Bhaji which is a specialty of Rajasthan. It is one the rare fruit where curry is made and enjoyed with Roti.
The taste of the curry is a mix of tanginess, sweetness, saltiness. The full flavor of Guava/Peru is there and it really feels like you are having them raw. So here is the Recipe.
- 4 Peru aka Guava (Green or Ripe peru/Guava)
- Salt to Taste
- Lime Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Jeera Seed
- Red Chilli Powder
- Dhanya powder
- Pour Oil in the Pan and heat it.
- Put Jeera seed and let it crackle
- Peel and cut the Peru in small cubes. Add them in the pan.
- Then add Turmeric, Chilli Powder, Dhanya Powder and Salt to taste
- Mix well and add little water.
- Cook on a low flame till the Guava/Peru cubes are soft.
- When it is nearly cooked add Lime Juice and Sugar
- Then continue cooking for one minute.
Next one will be Raw Banana Curry.