Whole Wheat Pizza base (Available at all leading bakeries/Malls)
Mozzarella Cheese (If you don't have this, Parmesan cheese will also do, avoid cheese spread/cheese slices)
Green/black Olives (Optional)
3 medium size onions
5 medium size tomatoes
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tbspn Olive Oil
salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black pepper
How to make the sauce:
- Make a paste of the onions by first boiling them in water for 5 minutes and then grinding them. Also, grind tomatoes to make a paste.
- Heat a sauce-pan, add one table spoon olive oil. Pour the onion paste, roast till it turns golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste and roast for 2 minutes. Add the salt and the other herbs. Roast for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste. Roast till the oil separates (this means the tomatoes are cooked). Add 1/2 cup water and boil to reach a saucy consistency.
Vegetarian Topping (Choose at least 3):
- Chopped Capsicum
- Boiled Sweet Corn Kernels
- Chopped Mushroom (Marinate in sauce for 15 minutes)
- Baby Corn (Sauted in olive oil)
- Broccolli (Blanched - Boil water in a vessel, turn off the heat, add chopped broccoli, cover with a lid. Remove from water after 5 minutes)
- Paneer (Marinated in the sauce and sauted in olive oil)
- Tofu (Marinated in the sauce and sauted in olive oil)
Non Vegetarian Topping (Choose all for an extravaganza):
Boneless Chicken (marinated in olive oil salt and pepper for 15 minutes and cooked in a pan)
Boneless Tandoori chicken (Marinate in curd and tandoori masala for 15 minutes and then cook on a pan)
Salami (can be used as it is)
Sausages (Stir fry on a pan)
Putting the pizza together:
- Put butter on the pizza base.
- Smear a thick layer of sauce over it.
- spread any or all of the chosen topping above. (One of my favorites is capsicum, corn and chicken)
- Add cut olives
- Grate cheese over the pizza
- garnish with little salt and Oregano.
- Heat a pan, coat it with oil. Keep the pizza in it. Cover with the thick lid. Cook on low heat for 7-10 minutes. (You can use your microwave on grill mode for this - though I personally like the pan cooked pizzas)
- Remove from heat.
- Serve - garnish with chilly flakes and some more oregano.